Our private, gated 60 acre heritage resort is located high atop Palomar Mountain. Bailey’s spans cool forests and rich meadows, our family’s antique apple orchard, fishing pond, and much more. Originally founded in 1888 by Theodore O. Bailey and family, Bailey’s remains the original township of Palomar Mountain.
For more information or to make a reservation, please feel free to telephone 760 / 742-1859 – or use our secure email form.
Bailey’s Vacation Cottages
Every cottage is specially decorated to reflect the ambiance of our century and a quarter here on Palomar Mountain. Each of our cottages is wonderfully appointed with fresh linens and bedding, full kitchen and cookware, table settings, spacious bathroom, fireplace, outdoor dining area and propane BBQ. Complementary fuel and firewood are provided, and free WiFi internet (limited & as available).
For Cottage General Information, please refer to Cottage Notes & Extras.
Bailey’s Luxury Camping
Unmatched in Southern California, and world class in every respect, each Luxury Campsite has a unique look, feel and flavor. With ample parking and privacy, every Luxury Campsite is located in a large open area, within our old growth forest, on the periphery of our 60 acre resort property. Each has a furnished bedroom, fresh linens, outdoor kitchen with cookware and table settings, propane BBQ, screened patio awing, fire ring, tables & chairs, games, and much more. Fresh linens throughout, plus complementary fuel & firewood are provided at each site. (+) PLUS you may bring your own tents for additional members of your expedition.
Historic Bailey House & Retreat Center – Established 1888
As our ancestral homestead (formerly Palomar Hotel) Bailey House is now a wonderfully modern and well appointed (7) bedroom private vacation home. Bailey House still retains the charming look and feel from the golden age of our family’s destination resort in the 1920s.
Bailey House is Open Year Round
* Non-smoking facility
* Perfect for Wintertime Retreats & Summertime Destination Weddings
* Free Telephone and WiFi internet access
* Propane central heating & firewood is complementary
* Please see the Bailey House page for pricing & more information
* Sorry, no pets permitted in Bailey House
Please contact us about our Re-Seller Rates for Scrapbooking, Wellness and Professional Retreats.
Comments or questions are welcome.
Wedding General Information
* Weddings from June through October each year
* Please see our Destination Weddings page for more detailed information
* Four-day Destination Wedding Package (Thursday – Sunday)
* Day-of guest counts up to 150 persons
* On site accommodations up to 75 persons* Please contact us for pricing, availability and additional information
Baileys has been hosting outdoor groups since the early 1900s, and our traditional group campsites are available seasonally for supervised church, and friendship groups and is perfect for weddings,too.
We can accommodate up to 50 persons in our traditional and group camp areas.
Group Campout General Information
* Group Camp open May through October each year
* Please contact us for pricing and additional information
* Sorry, no hookups
(*) And Now the Fine Print…
* Basic accommodation pricing is for two persons.* A single night fee may apply.* Please see the above General Information for additional persons, pets & extras.
* Seasonal rates & terms may vary and are subject to change without notice.
* Sorry, no cash refunds – BUT…
* You may reschedule your stay for up to a year from your original check-in date
* >> Special Notice of Firewood Transport Restrictions to Palomar Mountain <<.
You may no longer bring any fire wood to Palomar Mountain due to an invasive and bark beetle now present in Southern California. For more information please see “Buy It Where You Burn It” at firewood.ca.gov, and dontmovefirewood.org. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.